Monday, September 30, 2013

FAVORITE Smartphone Accessories when on a Travel Shoot



FAVORITE Smartphone  Accessories when on a Travel Shoot
These are my Favorite Smartphone Accessories when I am Traveling for a Shoot.
Note how everything is small and basically Flat.
I can carry this with me all the time in my belt bag.
All of these are on Amazon FREE Shipping (Prime)

Syba USB 2.0 Type A Female to Micro USB 2.0 Male Adapter Cable (CL-CAB20125)  us$5.99 Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007X15HKC/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item_image
This little  $5.99 cable that can fit into your belt bag easily will allow you to Plug IN your regular Multi Card Reader to your Smartphone, and Copy , Move images from your shoots (SD,CF cards) to your Smartphone. Then from there Backup to Cloud, backup on your Smartphone (I have a 32gb Micro SD in my smartphone) or post on FB or Instagram.
Using this cable and my SanDisk USB3 Multi Card Reader on Android when I plugged in my 64gb SanDisk Extreme PRO SD card the Smartphone Automatically Pop-ed up  File Manager and Read the Card.  All I had to do was mark that Folder or Files I wanted to COPY  and  Where.  Very Easy.
A mix of 355mb RAW RX1 files and JPGS   took aprox. 1:10 min/sec  to Upload to my Galaxy S Smartphone.  And 21 sec to Download to my computer to a Spinning 7,200 rpm Hard Drive via a  usb2 port.
Have a feeling any PRO toting a 15” Laptop on a shoot can see the Benefit of this. :)

SanDisk ImageMate Multi Card USB 3.0  Reader   … this is link for  Amazon us$32.00  (but I bought mine from B&H)
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-ImageMate-Memory-Reader-SDDR289A20/dp/B005FDJC6K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380598955&sr=8-2&keywords=SanDisk+ImageMate+All-in-One+USB+3.0+Reader

Next Favorite carry around everywhere Smartphone Accessory is the EC Technology High Capacity 2600 mAh Backup External Battery Pack and Charger Power Bank “with”  Flashlight  , Cherry Color
Cherry so I can find it in my black bag at night.  It comes with a number of “tips”  so you can use it with a number of gadgets , and more importantly Charge your Smartphone.  The power always goes down on your Smartphone when you need it most. :)
The Flash Light is SUPER handy.  Not only to find your way on a dark location or inside your bag at night , but to light something at night so you can AF on it. Or you could use it as a backlight for a Smartphone Food pic with a bit of diffusion. (wish it had a dimmer).
About the size of a very large lipstick case or roll of nickels,  is easy to carry and use. Well worth the us$15.00
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WO5LF6/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

What I think is the BEST  Smartphone  Tripod mount.  Joby JM1-01WW GripTight Mount Black Amazon us$16.00.
Why because it FOLDS “FLAT” !     That’s it.   It folds small and Flat. (look at the pic)  So, I can have it with me in my belt bag all the time.    It also has  a  hole so you attach it to your Key Ring.

I might clip it to my MeFoto GlobeTrotter Tripod/Monopod  which is also great on Trips.
Like the Aluminum because I don’t like super light Tripods.  And I do not want to have to worry about someone stealing it wherever I go.  Because sometimes I leave it on location.  Do not underestimate the usefulness of having a Monopod built in.  and the Head is deceptively good.   Amazon us$ 209.00
http://www.amazon.com/Mefoto-A2350Q2K-GlobeTrotter-Travel-Tripod/dp/B00BETIVUC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380600445&sr=8-3&keywords=mefoto+globetrotter

IF you have any other   MUST HAVE   on Travel Shoots  …  let me know  … I will add it on.  Or  will see on the Comments section below.

3/5/14 :  Here is an interesting iPhone 5 and 5s   ACC  that is both a Stand and Protection : http://www.fritzframe.com/en/



Hope this helps,

Ross Hamamura
Tourist of Light
www.RDHphoto.net
SONY ALPHA camera Ambassador

2 comments:

phone booster said...

Thanks for sharing this informative post with us. All the mobile phone accessories are very useful.

Verizon cell phone booster review

post free ads said...

Thanks for the blog and its an nice blog on the smartphone accessories.